Rose’s Idiot Proof Microwave Meringues
Personally, I’m always on the look out for recipes that are nut, dairy free and low in fat. What makes these little beauties even better, is that they can easily be made ahead of time and they are super fun to get the kids involved too! These are the perfect quick and easy make for the school bake sale, as from years of experience, I can tell you that hardly anybody brings anything suitable for children with allergies, so these are superb. Trust me, your PTA will thank you!
You Will Need
1 Egg White
300g Icing Sugar
- Separate out the egg white.
- Mix in the icing sugar until the mix is easy to mould in your hands.
- Roll small amounts of the mixture into small balls and place four, spaced out onto kitchen roll on top of a cold plate.
- Place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Once they are done they will need several minutes to dry out in the centre. The exact time will depend upon the wattage of your microwave.
- Serve topped with fresh strawberries and cream, or strawberries and honey for our dairy free friends!