One Big Mess of Savoury Creaminess – Scrambled Eggs with Avocado
- 5 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- Lemon Juice
- A handful of your favourite cheese
- 4 Slices of good quality bread
- Beat five eggs with a little salt and pepper.
- Mash a ripe avocado, season and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Throw in a handful of crumbled tangy cheese such as cheddar, goat’s or feta; stir once.
- Toast and butter four slices of good-quality bread, and keep warm.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan, and scramble the eggs until they are barely set, and still soft. Remember: Low and slow for creamy eggs and medium-high heat for fluffy eggs.
- Stir in the avocado and cheese mix, gently, cooking until it is just warmed through.
- Pile on toast and eat immediately!
I love, love, love avocado, but I had never tried adding avocado to scrambled eggs — until last week. Why not? I have no idea — these two things were meant to go together.
I will be the first to admit that avocado in scrambled eggs looks a little odd. But ignore that. The soft, creamy avocado coats the bites of even creamier eggs for one big mess of savoury creaminess. It’s utterly delicious!