Unlike most of the beauty recipes on Vivre Le Rêve, DIY mascara uses some unusual ingredients that aren’t budget friendly. I absolutely love the results of this recipe, so I still make it often, but if you don’t already have these ingredients at home, buying an organic mascara might be a better option.
Natural Mascara Ingredients
- 1/4 tsp Black mineral powder (One jar of mineral powder will make 15+ batches of mascara.)
- 1/4 tsp Bentonite Clay (Any cosmetic clay should work.)
- 1/8 tsp (about 4 drops) Vegetable Glycerin
- 1/4 tsp (plus more if needed) Aloe Vera
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- A clean mascara container.
- A medicine dropper
- A small spatula.
What to Do:
- Mix all ingredients in a very small bowl until completely smooth.
- Add more aloe vera gel as needed to get a smooth consistency.
- Put into the medicine dropper with a spatula and slowly squirt into the mascara container
- Use as you would regular mascara.