Deliciously Light Springtime Pasta with Eggs, Watercress & Capers
225g of your favourite pasta (preferably with ridges so that it will catch the sauce)
60ml olive oil
4 anchovy fillets, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼tsp crushed red pepper flakes
85g finely grated Parmesan
2tsp fresh lemon juice
4 large chopped hard-boiled eggs
a handful of greens such as watercress or parsley
1. Cook pasta in salted water; drain, putting 1 cup pasta cooking liquid to one side.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat.
3. Add anchovies, garlic, capers, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until anchovies dissolve.
4. Place pasta in a large mixing bowl, toss with 2 tablespoons reserved cooking liquid, the warm anchovy sauce, parmesan and lemon juice. Season to taste.
5. Throw in eggs and greens or parsley. Add more pasta cooking liquid until sauce coats pasta. You might want to add a splash more lemon juice, too.